Welcome Markel Clients!
Markel insurance and Praesidium have teamed up to help you reduce the risk of sexual abuse and false
allegations of abuse at your organization(s), including:
- Child care centers
- Boys & Girls Clubs
- Martial arts dojos
- Gymnastic/Cheerleading gyms
- Dance studios
- Amateur/youth sports
The statistics for child abuse are alarming and include many high profile and unfortunate cases of
abuse in organizations.
- 1 in 4 girls and 1 in 6 boys will be sexually abused by the age of 18.
- Insurance and case reviews show a 300% increase in child to child sexual abuse.
- Only 3% of sex offenders have a criminal history, the rest will pass a background check.
Keeping your organization safe requires a comprehensive approach to abuse risk management. Our services are designed specifically to help you create and maintain a safe environment for the youth you serve.
Markel clients receive a 20% discount off of select abuse risk management services!
Services available to Markel insureds:
Markel clients also receive discounted online training at $10 per user. Click here for a full list of
courses and more information!
Preview our newest course, Duty to Report.
Adults have a moral responsibility–and in many cases a legal responsibility– to report suspected child abuse or neglect. In this course participants will learn:
- Why reporting is critical
- What your legal obligation is to report
- What types of conduct must be reported
- How to report
- How to respond if a child discloses abuse or neglect to you
For more information on Praesidium’s work with Markel insureds, please contact Whitney Saadi at WSaadi@PraesidiumInc.com or 817-801-7773.